Pastor Josh has moved to a new website:


The daily devotionals will continue, but the site will also have posts of a more reflective nature.

Check it out!


Friday, August 5, 2011

Ruth 1: 6-22; Naomi and Ruth Return to Bethlehem

Grace and peace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ.

“Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." This is, perhaps, the most famous quote from the book of Ruth and it really says a lot. Ruth lover her mother-in-law so much. Ruth does not want to be parted from Naomi. Here we see compassion coming from Ruth. We get the sense Ruth is young, which means she still had a chance of getting married again, having children, etc. and receiving the security she needs. However, Ruth forsakes that in order to make sure Naomi is cared for. Ruth sets aside her own happiness and well-being to make sure Naomi is safe. I wonder if we are to follow her example. God bless you.

Pastor Josh
<><

No comments: