Pastor Josh has moved to a new website:


The daily devotionals will continue, but the site will also have posts of a more reflective nature.

Check it out!


Monday, February 4, 2008

Luke 8: 22-25; Jesus Calms a Storm

Grace and peace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ.

I've never been sailing myself, but the television shows and movies that depict a boat in a storm have been enough to keep me off of the water. I can think of a lot of other places I would rather be than out on the water in the middle of a storm. I can imagine the disciples were thinking the same thing. This would have been a terrifying event, and I can certainly understand their fear. Jesus kind of gives the disciples a hard time here, but he also calms the storm. We may not be out in a boat right now, out in the middle of the sea. But in one way or another we all face storms in our lives. The waves come up, and the rains pour down, and the boat rocks back and forth. There are times when we all shout 'Master, Master, we are going to drown!' And Jesus always reaches in and calms the storm. Whatever kind of difficult time we may be going through we can rest easy in knowing that Jesus is going to calm the storm. God bless,

Pastor Josh
<><

No comments: