Pastor Josh has moved to a new website:


The daily devotionals will continue, but the site will also have posts of a more reflective nature.

Check it out!


Monday, January 30, 2012

Proverbs 23: 1-3; Saying 7

Grace and peace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ.

I struggle with my diet almost every day, and I know I am not the only one. I am tempted to eat foods I know are bad for me. One thing I have discovered in my struggle is that I am an emotional eater. When faced with a difficulty I try to 'deal' with it by eating. When I find myself in that type of situation I need to remind myself of the fact that food cannot fill an emotional void. Food cannot help with a difficult time: only God can do that. Now, this is something that is true not only of food, but also obsessive spending, drugs, alcohol, or any other type of behavior that keeps us from turning things over to God. Do not try to fill a void by yourself. Rather, let God help you with those hardships. He is the only one who can truly offer relief. God bless you.

Pastor Josh
<><

No comments: